Monday, December 1, 2008

Grateful and reflective

I began this blog on March 11, 2008. Prior to this, I had another blog, Growth and Decline. I kept that blog from October 2007 until February 2008. I deleted it in a rather irrational moment and have regretted doing so ever since. I did have some of my posts saved on my computer and in March of this year I recreated what I could. That link appears to the right in my side bar. I tried all sorts of things to recover more of the posts, including contacting Blogger. I discovered that when you delete a blog, it is gone forever.

Today I was reading David's blog and he referred to the Way Back Machine. I was very intrigued and felt a flicker of hope. I entered in my old URL and a message came up saying that no pages were found. However, I clicked on another link that said to search for pages and some of that former blog came up. I was only able to retrieve five of my posts, but even being able to see those pages of my original blog was a joy. I have cut and pasted those posts onto my resurrected Growth and Decline. You can read them there. Looking over them again, I can see how much I have grown and changed in the past year. I also revisited accounts of some of my earlier times with J, those posts evoked some wonderful memories. It makes me love Him and desire Him that much more. It also serves to anticipate all that we have yet to explore with each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feed.....I love your blog and you too..lol!!

Alice said...

Thank you!