This is a self-indulgent post. It assumes that you all want to know more about me (sometimes I like it to be all about me). I originally wrote this on my Growth and Decline blog. That was over a year and a half ago...so I thought I would revisit it and update. I actually had forgotten all about this, but J mentioned it, He goes back a looks at it from time to time. So, here it is...everything you wanted to know (and even more).
1. I have brown hair.
2. Sometimes it has been red.
3. If the truth be known, it is probably at least half grey anymore.
My hair color always comes out of a bottle now. I am sure it is mostly grey anymore. I may change shades monthly, though I tend to stay within a certain range. I have been thinking of experimenting a little with it soon, after all it is only hair.
4. I love my dogs, almost as much as my kids.
My dogs are my four legged children and much more appreciative than my actual children. My grandchildren are my loves before my dogs or my kids.
5. I collect Christmas ornaments.
I own (and sometimes put up) 6 full size trees. I have more ornaments than will fit on them. When all trees are put up, that is a tree in every room.
6. I hate feeling like my feet are restrained; I don’t even tuck the sheets in at the foot of the bed.
I still feel this way. J has restrained me at times, I don't have a problem as long as He is in control. I always feel safe with Him.
7. I love to cook.
I love, love, love to cook. I am addicted to food porn online. I try new recipes frequently. I always try to cook for J when I see Him.
8. My favorite smell is campfires.
I still love campfires, but my favorite smell is now J's pipe.
9. I used to show horses.
10. I owned a Quarter Horse named Carlos Bars; I sold him when I got married.
11. I should have kept the horse and passed on the husband.
I know that I am a sum of all of my experiences and relationships. The marriage may have failed, but it contributed to who I am today. I do miss owning a horse.
12. I love wearing skirts, but I usually wear jeans.
Skirts are extremely impractical for me to wear at work. I do wear them for J.
13. I love to write, I wish I were better at it.
Writing is cathartic for me. It helps me grow and process things. I do think my writing has improved, though it is still not at the caliber I would like it to be.
14. Irises are my favorite flowers.
15. I will turn 50 this year, but sometimes I still feel 20.
50 has come and gone, I recently turned 51. I still feel much younger than I am. Maybe, because I am still learning and evolving.
16. I love the theater and the opera.
17. I like to mow grass.
18. My favorite color is red.
19. I wear Chanel #5 perfume and have since I was in high school.
20. I love being spanked and flogged.
21. I want to be caned, but it scares me.
I have been caned, several times. It no longer scares me (at least not most of the time).
22. My college dorm was haunted; Ghost Hunters did a show on it.
23. I do believe in spirits, but I don’t believe in ghosts.
24. I am a Christian, but I incorporate some aspects of Taoism in with it.
I still classify myself as a Christian, but my faith and beliefs are forever evolving. Most Christians would think I was a heretic. Maybe I am more of a Universalist, I find some validity in most religions.
25. Three places I would really love to travel to are: Angkor Wat, Cambodia, Machu Picchu, Peru, and Stonehenge, United Kingdom.
I would still love to go any of these places. However, J has influenced me...I would choose Italy over any of them.
26. I love ruins and historical sites.
27. I also love tourist traps/roadside attractions, Rock City is my favorite one, but I love the Belles of Cypress Gardens and the Mermaids at Weeki Wachi Springs too.
28. I can’t wear watches; they do not keep time on me.
29. I am allergic to jewelry, unless it is nickel-free.
30. I wanted to major in anthropology, but my parents said no.
31. Tent camping is my favorite vacation.
My favorite vacation is being with J...anywhere.
32. I love to sew, especially quilting.
33. My grandmother taught me to sew on a treadle sewing machine.
34. She also taught me to quilt, but gave up trying to teach me to knit and crochet.
35. I still cannot knit or crochet.
36. I love roller coasters, but not ones where you stand up.
37. I am afraid of heights.
38. I love traveling on trains.
39. I love reading quotes and try to incorporate them into what I write.
40. I think Sean Connery is the sexiest man in the world, but only after he was older.
J is the sexiest man in the world...but don't make me choose.
41. I love Monty Python and I know the words to The Lumberjack Song.
42. I get migraines.
43. I have had 5 knee surgeries.
45. My trachea was severed by a piece of glass when I was two.
46. I really am a bit accident prone.
47. I love pomegranates, but I don’t eat the seeds.
48. I have three grandchildren, I love doing things with them.
49. They wear me out.
50. I am wondering if I can think of 50 more semi-interesting things about me.
51. Toffifays are my favorite candy, but they’re hard to find.
52. I smoke, even though I know I should quit.
53. I play with my hair and bite my lip when I am nervous or thinking.
54. I try to buy myself fresh flowers once a week.
55. I love fish and seafood, but I hate oysters.
56. I drove a 1972 Dodge Charger in high school.
57. I love muscle cars and car shows.
58. I like to study philosophy and religions.
59. I love the beach and the mountains.
60. I have never traveled outside North America.
This of course includes the Caribbean and Canada, but I am not very well travelled. Though, I hope to change that over the next 10 years or so.
61. I love crosswords and word puzzles.
62. I have one brother and two sisters.
63. I am the baby of the family.
64. I love to read.
65. Biographies and memoirs are my favorite genre.
66. I was a daddy’s girl; I really miss my father since he died.
67. He and I used to sail and canoe together.
68. Sometimes I still sleep in one of his old shirts.
69. I kept his slide rule.
70. I am determined to get my Master’s Degree.
71. I love school.
72. I collect music boxes; I love to listen to them.
73. I collect iron doorstops.
74. I collect way too much junk.
75. When I was little, I thought Memorial Day parades were held for my birthday.
76. I love watching fireworks.
77. I am a cancer survivor.
78. Death does not scare me.
79. I love flying kites.
80. I have always had few, but close friends.
81. I love thunder storms, the more severe the better.
82. I hate violence, but like watching boxing.
83. I am sapiosexual.
84. I am a bit of a masochist.
85. I am fascinated by fire.
86. I have a very low tolerance for stupid people.
87. The most famous person I've ever met was Margaret Mead.
88. My favorite holiday is Christmas, followed by Halloween.
89. I enjoy going to museums.
90. Working third shift at 7/11 was the worst job I ever had.
91. Working at a stable was the best job I ever had.
92. I am an expert shot with handguns.
93. I have shot a sawed-off shotgun and an AK-47.
What can I say, my ex-husband was a cop. I am not a gun fanatic though and I do tend to lean towards the argument for gun control.
94. Giving birth, twice, was the most amazing experience I ever had.
95. I breastfed both my sons.
96. Only five more to go, and yes I am cheating.
97. I have been married and divorced twice.
98. My second husband abused me.
99. I am good at jigsaw puzzles.
I am actually pretty good at any kind of puzzles, it's just how my mind works.
100. I have nightmares that I am being strangled.
I rarely have these nightmares anymore. J has slain most of my demons. When I am awakened by a bad dream, thoughts of Him calm me and comfort me.