Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pay it Forward

I was quite surprised and flattered to have been given a Friendship Blogger award from Swan. I stumbled into the blogging community, over a year ago, new to the lifestyle and trying to find my way as a submissive. There are many writers online that have offered me both friendship and knowledge. The support and acceptence that I have received from them has enhanced my life as well as my journey. This award is apparently circulating around the blogosphere. The wording that accompanies it is this:

“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.”

The Rules to accepting this award: “Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.” There are so many that have touched me it is hard to narrow it down, but I in turn will send this forward to:

A Kind Dom (Pygar)

A View From the Top (David)

A Well Disciplined Girl (Olivia)

Ex-Courtesan in Transition (again) (Gillette)

Green Rootsdown (Shannee)

My Bottom Smarts (Bonnie)

My Dabble in the Middle End (Constance)

Submission and Metaphor (Oatmeal Girl)

This is certainly just a sampling. So many more have touched me with their words and with their friendship. Those listed above are exceptional. Pygar and David are kind enough to share their wisdom and give us a glimpse of the dominate's perspective. Olivia, Gillette, Constance and Oatmeal Girl are all bloggers worth reading and also reach out by engaging in discussion through their comments on other blogs. Bonnie is the first blogger I read and uses her blog to openly share her knowledge and offer encouragement to new bloggers. Shannee was already chosen by Swan, but she has been such a good friend to me and I cannot say enough about her writing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations lovely one, well deserved! I've always not only felt at home here but you know how often your words turn into 'oh yeah' moments for me when you've said something I've either thought or felt.

And yes, all of the blogs you've chosen here are very worthy nominees. I don't always comment on them all, but they're all on my reader.

love and hugs xxx

Greenwoman said...

Oh Gee Alice...What a sweet thing to say. I'm deeply touched. Thank you!!

((hugs))

OliviaManners said...

Alice!

I've only just seen this....I've not been here much of late.
I just wanted to say thank you so much for this. I'm really really touched.

I hope all is well with you.......

Sending you very best wishes and hugs.

Olivia
x