Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Suzanne

My love of music encompasses a broad range of genres. Different songs speak to me through the lyrics and the feelings they evoke. I have always loved this song, but it now speaks to me in a different way. To me, it emphasizes our spiritual connection. He has always been my lover. He knows that I will trust Him. He has touched my body with His mind. As I travel with Him, blindly following Him, I feel I have always known Him. I believe we have shared a love, a knowledge, in a past life.



Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river
You can hear the boats go by
You can spend the night beside her
And you know that she's half crazy
But that's why you want to be there
And she feeds you tea and oranges
That come all the way from China
And just when you mean to tell her
That you have no love to give her
Then she gets you on her wavelength
And she lets the river answer
That you've always been her lover
And you want to travel with her
And you want to travel blind
And you know that she will trust you
For you've touched her perfect body with your mind.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Alice, thank you, Leonard and one of my favourite songs of his.
Delightful.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Alice said...

Paul,
Welcome to the blog. I too am a fan of his songs. I hope to see you here again.

oatmeal girl said...

mmm... i remember that sometime relatively early on, i mentioned tea and oranges in one of my letters to the philosopher. especially apt, since he is very serious about his tea.

Alice said...

OG,
I am glad that this brought back a pleasant memory for you. It is nice to have you on the blog.