Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Perceptions

"You don't know very much," said the Duchess, "and that's a fact."
~Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll

At work today, several of us were having a conversation about relationships. One of my newer co-workers asked me if I would want to marry again. I told her that I didn't think so. She asked, "What if you really loved someone?" I told her I recognized the fact that I have been single for a long time, I know I would not be easy to live with. Even if I truly loved someone, I thought that getting married might ruin it.

That is when another co-worker chimed in and said, "Your problem is that you are very assertive, you just need to find a guy that is submissive." I had to stifle my laughter to keep from falling out of my chair.

No comments: